Thursday, April 23

Good Morning!


I was so excited to get a delivery today.  I opened it up and this is what it looks like.  Can you guess what it is???





Letter Awareness:  


We know what sound the letter /s/ makes on its own.  What sound does it make when it is with the /h/ as in /sh/?  Remember our quiet friends???  Can you think of at least 5 words that have the /sh/ sound in them?









Math:

I'm going to give you another hint about the surprise I'm getting this weekend.  There are a dozen of them and they are ovoid shaped.  See if YOU can find out what an OVOID is!  I'll give you a hint.  It is a 3D shape and it's name sounds a lot like it's 2D counterpart.  Can you guess what shape it is??? Can you find anything in your kitchen that is an ovoid shape?  2 of my favorite foods are ovoids! Draw a picture of 3 things that are ovoids and send me your guess of what you think I am getting a dozen of this weekend.  How many is a dozen by the way???

We have talked a lot about 2D shapes and were just starting to discuss 3D shapes before school ended in March.  Watch this video as a reminder of what 3D shapes are.  We will continue to discuss them over the next few weeks. 



Guided Drawing


Here is a guided drawing for an animal whose babies hatch from ovoids!  It is good practicing for drawing ovals too!




If we were in class, I would have collected a bunch of rocks and we would have done THIS activity.  If you have some acrylic paint at home, this would be a lovely idea to make a put in your garden (or the garden of someone else!)


or these ...

Storytime!



Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday, June 23

Friday, June 19

Thursday, June 18